Feb 27, 2007

add it to the list

I have picked up a third, yes third, job bartending at a brand new restaurant near my work downtown. The place is called Stella Maris and it is "modern European" owned by two Irish gents that own a couple other places in Manhattan. This marks my official foray into the service industry in New York. I would say to this point it has been interested, not much unlike my experiences in Chicago which of course leads me to ask why so many bars and restaurants here require previous New York experience. I suppose they might be saying that in order to weed out Curly Sue who served or tended bar at the local watering hole in Eau Claire Wisconsin while she was in college and she is looking to pick up a couple extra bucks slinging drinks at night while she chases dreams in the daytime. I would say that it is a shame for some of us who know what it takes to work a bar and get the job done. Nonetheless the people are fun, everyone comes from somewhere outside of New York which makes for some good conversation, the food is amazing, the bar is bartender-friendly and the place is pretty easy going. I like it so far, even though I didn't get home until 3am after working Sunday night but I think that is supposed to change when we get more on a regular schedule. check back soon for some inevitable crazy bar stories.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your girlfriend must be SO lonely...she also must be amazing to not care you are not home until late

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Chris Foreman said...

wow, who could have written this comment???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Subscribe in a reader

Subscribe to foreman eighty six

View Chris Foreman's profile on LinkedIn